Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Play Date Cafe Challenge #136

Good evening, all! Today was my first day teaching summer school for a friend of mine. We are both Spanish teachers and she had to be gone for part of this session, so I said I would cover her classes. WOW!!! That is all I can really say. I understand completely and wholeheartedly stand by my choice to be a hig h school teacher versus elementary school teacher! Kudos and more kudos to those of you who work with those young people everyday. It takes so much patience and so much energy. Tomorrow I will go in with a better plan - I need it. Boy, am I tired. :) I am so glad that I was not too tired to finish and share this card with you.



I had some other things planned for it originally, but I love how it turned out. If you've seen my cards before you've probably noticed that I like to rip paper and I like to distress edges. I was so tempted to do that with this card, but decided to leave it clean with only the heart. I really like how the heart turned out, too. I used a stamp from Unity's June kit of the month ~ the one with all of the hexagons ~ I stamped it on different papers and cut the hexagons apart to create my heart. My color choices were guided by the Play Date Cafe's challenge. This was the photo story it is based on.



I am not sure I have ever played a challenge from The Play Date Cafe before, but I have looked around there and have wanted to. I am glad that I was able to finish this card before the deadline. There will be a new photo story and new colors posted very early Thursday morning. I plan to play again and I hope you will, too. Have a great day tomorrow! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun design using hexagons! LOVE! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting on my creations! Won't you consider following me? Have a great day! :)