Monday, July 2, 2012

I LOVE these colors!!!!

Update: Well, I meant to have some other cards/projects to share today (Friday), but I didn't get another chance in my craft room this week with the holiday and lots of family time. Most of you haven't seen the card I made earlier this week so I will enter it into Unity's FWF. Go to the Unity blog to see more FWF projects.

I have decided that the middle of the day - even in the summer - is not my time to craft. When I try, I sit and sit and make mistakes left and right. I can plan during the day, but the crafting has to happen when I am all alone in my basement at night. It doesn't have to be really late at night, it just has to be at night. At least for now. My husband will be happy to know that I can spend more time organizing my huge messes around the house during the day :) I made this card based on the colors for this week's
Play Date Cafe challenge.





I love them!!!! I found some paper with several circles on it that I really liked and had a few of the colors I needed. I don't even know how long I have had it. I realized today (actually I knew before, but it was confirmed today) that I am a paper hoarder. I but paper I like and hold onto it. I'm trying to get better about using it :) I used both dsides of the paper to make the circles and their background pieces. I also used double sided silky ribbon, C'oredinations whitewash paper, and some gems. It was a pretty simple card that fell together very well and quickley for me. Thanks goodness! I really dislike when cardmaking time gets stressful and frustrating. Bye, bye stress - hello happy cardmaker :)

I am also entering this card into Frosted Designs challenge of using circles.



Paper - Core'dinations Whitewash, Bo Bunny Backyard Bubbles
Stamp - Unity {ippity} How you doin'
Ink - Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Faded Jeans

14 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, Michelle! LOVE the way you've played off the circle element! So glad you found a little time to get creative with us in the evening! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! Love your scalloped circles with the ribbon and bling! Thanks for joining us this week at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great combination of the two challenges!! I love the scalloped edges around the circles and the two different colors in the center of your circles!! Thanks for playing along with us @ Frosted Designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you loved our colours this week. I love the creation you came up with, it's perfect. Thank you for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors on this! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those scallop circles look fabulous on your card! So glad you could join us this week @ Frosted Designs! Ps: I can't craft during the day either...I just usually feel too guilty, like I should be cleaning or something! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nicely done! Glad you've found when your mojo is at it's best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michelle, I realy like your card, the circles look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel ya with the paper hoarding. I have paper that I could never even start to name by company. I think some of them are out of them no longer exist. Glad you found the perfect colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another paper hoarder here. It was always for that perfect layout.... Anyway, fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card and I empathize with paper hoarding. I hate to cut into my papers:-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, I am a paper hoarder "extrordinairre"--if I never bought any more paper, I could probably scrapbook until the day I died. Same with stamps.....oh my, such addictions! LOVE your card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting on my creations! Won't you consider following me? Have a great day! :)